Porcelain dentures and bridges are types of dental restoration. It means tooth restoration to bring back tooth uprightness and the function and morphology of the lost tooth. This is usually done to reinstate flaked tooth. Tooth decay has been a problem of many people especially kids. However, due to the increasing knowledge of people about tooth hygiene and the utilization of fluorides it is no doubt the tooth decaying problem is diminishing. Though there is still risk a head if you ignore a decaying tooth. To bring back those beautiful smile that was taken from you because of tooth decay, then its time to call the attention of your tooth specialist, your dentist.
Below are the reasons why almost all people today choose restorative technique rather than the traditional one.
- It helps bring back your appetite since you can properly chew and eat your favorite dish.
- It put back repellent and traditional dental measures.
- It is good way to restore lost tooth.
- It a perfect method to refurbish corroded tooth.
- It alleviate dental twinge.
- It thwarts tooth loss.
- It offers proper bite.
- The spaces between teeth can be filled up.
- It can make your smile brighter.
The process for dental refurbishment has two steps. First is the preparation and second is the actual tooth replacement. The first process involves cutting the dental burrs, putting of space for the recuperative resources and removing of the decayed tooth. On the other hand, temporary restoration may perform if permanent tooth restoration cant be done. The actual replacement of tooth is basically positioning the replacement tooth to the area where the lost teeth is.
The process of preparation has two classification: the intracoronal preparation and the extracoronal preparation. Also, dental restoration have 6 classifications depending on the size and location of dental restoration.
Dental Implants’ Benefits:
- Aesthetic. Dental implants gives you the look and feeling of having your own tooth! While dental implants incorporate into the part of your bone, it prevents gum recession and bone loss that usually go with dentures and bridgework. No one will ever recognize that you have a dental implants.
- Tooth-saving. Dental implants will not sacrifice your other teeth like in a bridge because your other teeth are not modified to hold the implant. Most of your teeth are untouched, an important benefit for your oral hygiene and health!
- Confidence. Implants will let you to speak again and eat and smile with confidence and comfort! They are safe and secure and offer freedom from the clicks and wobbles of dentures. They’ll let you say goodbye to denture worries and problems and messy glues and pastes.
- Reliable. The success of dental implants is very predictable. They are considered the best option for tooth replacement.
Uses of dental implants:
- It replaces tooth or teeth without affecting neighboring teeth.
- It provides support to the bridge and prevents the need for partial denture removal.
- It provides support to the dentures making it more comfortable, safe and secure.
Dental implant is procedure done by a periodontist wherein an artificial tooth is placed in your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or group of teeth or bridge. This is usually performed for people with good dental health but have lost their tooth because of periodontal disease, injury or other reasons. Implants are more high-tech than in nature than the traditional bridgework. Unlike bridgework, dental implants are more tooth saving because implants do not depend on surrounding teeth for support.
Implants give a natural look and feel that you might forget that you have lost your tooth. It will bring back the confidence in you personally and professionally. Dental implants may also help in prevent spaces from missing tooth, secure you of your dentures, and helps you if you’re having difficulty chewing. It will help you regain confidence and comfort in smiling, speaking and eating due to missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants gives you the feeling of having your own teeth. It can last a lifetime with done by a periodontist properly and with diligent maintenance of the patient. It is considered the best solution for missing tooth or teeth problem.
Dentures and bridges are a very important form of cosmetic dentistry for people that want to complete their smile.