How important is friendship? More than a million people around the globe search for quotes on friendship every month. Online results amount almost to 30 million sites offering quotes on friendship and friends. Friendship has been described for centuries, starting with Aristotle and Cicero to writers, poets, singers and all creative people of modern time. Enjoy these 25 great quotes on friendship compiled for you by Jasmine on Seekyt.com!
- Friendship is like a life vaccine. Only its free, readily available, doesnt hurt to get it, and it can last a long, long time.
#1: Harold H. Dawley & Mike Frazier, Friendship: How to Make and Keep Friends (2000)
- Some friendships zip along at a fast pace while others creep. Some last for a long time, others are here today, gone tomorrow.
#2: Dawley & Frazier (2000)
- We learn in friendship to look with the eyes of another person, to listen with anothers ears and to feel with another heart.
#3: Joel D. Block, Friendship (1980)
- A best friend is that person who gives you the most delight, support, and comfort, often in those realms where family cannot help. A best friend is perhaps the only person to whom you can complain about the difficulties presented by your family.
#4: Joseph Epstein, Friendship: An Expose (2007)
- A best friend is frequently taken to be like a brother or sister, possibly to a higher power somehow, again ideally, even better.
#5: Joseph Epstein, Friendship (2007)
- True, this golden friendship is not a common thing to be picked up on the street. ..Like wisdom it must be sought for us for hid treasures, and to keep it demands care and thought.
#6: Hugh Black & W. Robertson Nicoll, Friendship (2005)
- The secret of friendship is just the secret of all spiritual blessing.
#7: Hugh Black & W. Robertson Nicoll (2005)
- Ive always looked at friends as the family we choose.
#8: Joan Lunden, TV host
- Friendship is the learning ground for all other relationships.
#9: Alan Loy McGinnis, The Friendship Factor: How to Get Closer to the People You Care for (2004)
- People with no friends usually have a diminished capacity for sustaining any kind of love ( ) On the other hand, those who learn to love their friends tend to make long and fulfilling marriages, work well on business teams, and enjoy their children.
#10:Alan Loy McGinnis (2004)
- Sometimes you meet someone who is an instant friend the chemistry is just right and you feel as if youve always known each other. You laugh at the same jokes and have uncannily similar philosophies about life and how to live it to the fullest. On the other hand, some friendships may take years to develop.
#11: Ariel Books, The Book of Friendship (2002)
- Friends what would we do without them? We have many kinds of friends casual acquaintances, old school chums, and the friends who seem to know us better than we know ourselves and they all have an important place in our lives.
#12: Ariel Books (2002)
- A casual friend is a giant step above an acquaintance ( ) With aclose friend, it is assumed that you could also feel comfortable sharing your deepest, most intimate thoughts or secrets, if you wish to ( ) A best friend ideally will have all the criteria required to be a close friend, but with the additional distinction of being, by definition, the premier friend.
#13:Jan Yager, When Friendship Hurts: How to Deal with Friends Who Betray, Abandon, or Wound You (2002)
- Along the way, they remind us that in the highs and lows of life, we are not alone, and sometimes that simple realization makes all the difference ( ) They have the ability to fill our hearts with hope, our spirits with encouragement, and our minds with fresh ideas and opportunities. Indeed, friends are one of the greatest gifts of life.
#14: Margaret Feinberg, Women of Faith, Marilyn Meberg,
Friendship: Cultivating Relationships that Enrich Our Lives (2009)
- A friend is someone you want to be around when you feel like being alone.
#15: Maryjo Koch, The Nature of Friendship (2009)
- Keeping secrets and sharing burdens are two practices of friendship.
#16: Bethany Thouin, & Angela Fox, Chocolate Covered Friendship (2008)
- Those friendships that develop slowly, with gentle tending and generous nourishment, are those that most often stand the test of time.
#17: Sarah Lugg, The Nature of Friendship (2001)
- Friendships are living things. They evolve and grow as we do, and sometimes their spirit is strong enough to outlive us.
#18: Sarah Lugg (2001)
- There are moments when a special friend makes a difference that no one else can make.
#19: Olivia Cytrynowicz, At the Heart of Friendship (2007)
- Friendship is the greatest thing in the world. There is no door it will not unlock, no problem it will not solve. It is, after all, the only real thing in this world.
#20: David Grayson, Gift of Friendship (1996)
- Heres something else important about what friends are: some of the best ones feel like family, but you werent born into a friendship. Youre pretty much stuck with the family you were born into, but you can choose your friends.
#21: Judith Levin, When a Friendship Ends (2007)
- There are the friends we first encounter in childhood, when a tentative offer to share a sandbox shovel can bloom into a full-blown two-against-the-world alliance in a single sunny afternoon. And there are those friendships forged in adulthood when stakes are higher and a true-blue ally can prove absolutely essential to navigating lifes rocky patches.
#22: LLC Andrews McMeel Publishing, The Heart of Friendship (2006)
- When two friends cant be together, the right words have an amazing way of making the miles disappear.
#23: LLC Andrews McMeel Publishing (2006)
- Friends teach you that everyone you meet has a lesson for you and everyone you deal with may be your teacher.
#24: Marsha Karzmer, What are Friends For? (2009)
- Years may wrinkle the skin, but lack of friendship will wrinkle the soul.
#25: Unknown Author, in Sarah M. Hupps book: A True Friend is a Gift from God (1999)
You are not allowed to copy and publish this content on other web sites.
If you liked the quotes, please share them with your friends using social media sites. Thank you!
© 2011 Jasmine Vitarelli
More quotes from this user: