A CPAP machine can be of immense help for people suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Not only does it help in regulating breathing and sleep disorders but also prevent further health complications to occur. Beginning from the smaller mood swings to the larger and more complicated hypertension and memory problems. Before delving into the reasons for wearing CPAP masks, lets quickly understand what CPAP masks are and what they do.
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) is a treatment that uses mild air pressure to keep the airways unblocked so that people with breathing problems can breathe with ease. People suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) are mostly advised the CPAP treatment. The treatment involves using a CPAP machine which comprises of three parts, namely:
- The mask that fits over the nose and mouth and straps that go round the head to keep the mask in place.
- The tube which connects the face mask to the motor.
- The motor which pumps air into the mask.
Reasons for using CPAP masks
CPAP masks is a treatment that is advised for OSA which is a problem which when untreated can cause one or more of the following problems:
- Reduced energy
- Decreased mental activity
- Low quality of overall life due to not being able to achieve what is desired
- Decreased memory capacity
- Reduced creativity
- Reduce self healing power of the body.
One or more of the above problems can make ones system vulnerable to a number of health problems including:
- Increased risk for contracting a stroke
- Increased chances of a heart failure, heart attack or heart disease
- Increased blood pressure
- Risks of atrial fibrillation
- Risks of cancer
- High levels of daytime drowsiness leading to decreased socialization capabilities, low motivation at work, lack of attention and high chances of accidents.
- Increased problems associated with social life, family, school or work.
- Increased risk of contracting glaucoma
- Increased chances of facing cognitive dysfunction or memory problems
- Excessive mood disorders including anxiety, depressed mood and irritability
- High chances of developing a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) post a trauma that has been experienced.
Using CPAP masks regularly during bedtime or at any other time youre taking a nap can help improve your quality of life, make you more energetic and boost your immunity to protect your body from a lot of health problems.
How has CPAP masks benefited you? Share your experiences with us in the comments below. And, to buy CPAP masks online, visit us at www.cpapwholesale.com.