Love eating meat like beef? But lazy to cook that meat of yours? Don’t worry, I recently found an easier way to cook those meat by using oven! By using oven, you could get it well done, medium rare or even rare too! It is much easier and time saving compare to frying or barbequing it unless you enjoy doing those and have plenty of time. Besides, you could try this method too! This recipe is meant for students or those who wants to get it done quicker!
Preparation Time: 1 day (marinating) and 20 minutes (for roasting)
Things you need:
- BBQ sauce
- A quarter of garlic
- Beef (I use sirloin steak but you could try it with other parts too!)
- Coriander seeds (spice)
- Cumin (spice)
- Spread the BBQ sauce unto a ceramic plate because you’re going to put this plate inside the oven and it needs a material that can withstand a huge amount of heat!
- Sprinkle some cumin, coriander seeds and salt on the plate. (This is going to be spread onto the meat when u place it down, a faster way to marinade the meat quicker too than to turn it around)
- Chop and mince the garlic until it is fine/very small.
- Slice an opening around the meat. (DO NOT SLICE IT IN HALF but just a small cut would do to enable the sauce to sip in the meat when it is marinated)
- Spread those BBQ sauce onto the top of the meat and sprinkle those herbs and salt together, then place it onto the plate. (You do not have to spread the sauce onto the bottom because the base of the plate that is filled with the sauce would help you instead. Moreover the salt would help to preserve the meat and the juice inside)
- Then, sprinkle those fine/small chopped garlic onto the plate. (The garlic is going to help enhance the flavour and smell)
- Cover the plate and put it onto the fridge to marinade it for at least one day.
- Take out theplate from the fridge at least 5 hours before cooking for the process of defrosting.
- After 5 hours, preheat your oven for 10 minutes with the temperature set at 200 degree Celsius.
- Put the plate into the oven after preheating and set the time to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out the plate and flip the meat to the other side and put it back in for another 5 minutes. (It is the same when you barbeque or fry the meat, you need do it in both sides. Also be careful when taking the plate and putting it back in the oven as it is very hot that could burn your skin!)
- Voila! The meat is now 80% cook with less red in the middle. (If you prefer medium rare, set the temperature lower to 150 degree Celsius and remain the time limit)
- Transfer the BBQ sirloin steak into a new plate and it is ready to serve!
Just so you know, if this recipedo exist online, forgive me as I don’t really search for recipes online. Do try this method out! (P.S. I forgot to take the outcome of the beef, stomach always come first to me!)