Relaxation techniques are a great way to help with stress management. Relaxation isn’t just about peace of mind or enjoying a hobby. Relaxation is a process that decreases the effects of stress on your mind and body. Relaxation techniques can help you cope with everyday stress and with stress related to various health problems. Some steps are given below.
1. As soon as you get up in the morning, dont read a newspaper or watch news over T.V. since the day should not begin by getting your mind disturbed with the news of murders, dacoits, wars, etc.
2. Similarly, as soon as you get up, if you receive a phone relating to your business or profession, discontinue the call by telling the concerned that you will contact later, as the likely tensions are not a good augury for starting the day.
3. On getting up in the morning, it is advisable to listen to good music with devotional songs while doing physical exercises. Thereupon practice Dhyana i.e. Meditation or listen to a cassette.
4. Talk to family members for about 10 minutes and if there are any items for discussion, take them up later.
5. Write down the routine for the day indicating clearly what to do and when, whom to meet and when, including the phone-numbers to be contacted.
6. Out of the items of work, divide the items to be attended to by you and to be allocated to others by writing their names against each.
7. Start your work after breakfast. Make phone-calls, send e-mails, etc. and note down the results on a piece of paper or diary.
8. While working in the office, dont think of personal problems. Even if they come to your mind, divert your attention and involve yourself deeply in office work. Dont drag on the telephonic conversion too long.
9. Talk pleasantly with your colleagues and motivate them to work and do it for yourself. Similarly deal with the clients properly and endear yourself to them.
10. Treat smoking as an enemy, maintain safe distance to intoxicants and reduce stimulants like coffee, tea etc., but dont neglect taking timely food.
11. On reaching home, forget about office-matters. Remember that you are not an employee or employer at home but a permanent member of a happy family.
12. Sleep as early as possible. Before going to bed, dont watch horror-serials and even if you do, try to sleep listening to good music as a remedy.