Boilers, just like any house-hold appliances, require regular maintenance checks to keep them running smoothly. In the case of a problem, its advisable to consult a qualified technician who will comprehensively assess the boiler and deliver excellent repair services. Additionally, the services rendered by reputable professionals will keep the boilers working efficiently for a long period- and avoid related injuries that may be caused by build-up of carbon monoxide from faulty boiler systems.
Most boiler engineers advise their clients to ensure that maintenance checks are conducted at least once a year by professionals registered and certified by the relevant body (CORGI). Once a comprehensive maintenance check is conducted in stages, subsequent servicing is done to repair any identified faults. Here are the stages followed in this process:
1. Just like any regular maintenance check and repair, the service should begin with a quick visual assessment of the boiler. How is it positioned? Are they any observable problems? Is it installed correctly? The technician should ensure that the boiler installation meets the British standards by complying with the water-by-laws, gas-safety regulations, electrical regulations and building regulations.
2. After ensuring that the boiler is installed and positioned correctly, the engineer should proceed to do a pre-service check by firing the boiler and assessing its basic functioning. Most of the major boiler problems are identified and repaired at this stage. If the boiler is functioning efficiently, the engineer should start analysing its parts in detail to identify underlying problems. Although these two preceding steps can be conducted by the homeowner, he/she must hire an experienced professional that offers boiler repair in London to proceed to the subsequent maintenance and repair steps.
3. This is the point where the process begins to get a bit more technical. The main casing should be removed to reveal any underlying problems. Most experienced professionals that provide the services for boiler repair in London are capable of noticing some of the problems at this stage just by visual assessment. They keenly evaluate the fans, seals, spark centre probe, condense trap, heat exchanger, the main injector and main burner. Since blocked flues cause a significant number of boiler problems, the engineer should additionally ensure that its unobstructed, and the boilers interior is clean.
4. Since the combustion is facilitated by gas, the repair engineer is expected to analyse the valve comprehensively to ensure gas is flowing freely and unobstructed. To correctly identify the problem and avoid chances of errors, the engineer is expected to use a gas flue analyser to do this.
5. By now, its expected that the engineer should have identified the problem and the subsequent repair required. Therefore, he/she should inform the homeowner of the existing problem, parts to be replaced and the subsequent repairs. Using this data, he /she should additionally give a price quote on the services to allow the homeowner to budget for the entire process. Professionally accredited engineers should have reasonable costs according to the type of damage and labour required. To avoid a misunderstanding with the engineer at this level, homeowners are encouraged to do research on repair professionals within their locality to ensure that they contract only the most reputable individuals with proven records of fair and reasonable costing.
6. After the repair is done, the engineer should carefully test the system to ensure that the problem has been eliminated and check for any gas leaks.
Finally, after replacing the boiler casing, the homeowner should conduct a service report by reviewing the services rendered and signing off if satisfied. In London, RAMKI is one such company that has received tons of excellent service reports and continues to offer excellent repair services.