Lakeshore Records is releasing the Save The Date soundtrack which contains twelve tracks from various artists including Wilco, Daniel Hart, Giorgio Moroder, Wolfbird, Nick Waterhouse and The One AM Radio. The songs are a mixture of electro, disco, electro-folk, pop, RnB, and synth-pop music. It’s a solid soundtrack, to say the least. Most of the artists included in the soundtrack are not household names just yet but if you have a keen eye on music, especially indie music, you may be able to identify some if not all of them. Whoever was behind the soundtrack listing for this film, he/she has good taste in music. Based on early reviews of the film when it was shown in a few film festivals, the music is indeed a huge part of the movie.
About The Movie
Written by Jeffrey Brown and directed by Michael Mohan, Save The Date is a romantic comedy flick starring Alison Brie, Lizzy Caplan, Martin Starr, Mark Webber and Geoffrey Arend. The film has been compared to the movie Garden State. It was shown at the Newport Beach Film Festival where it won the Achievement Award then at the Sundance Film Festival where it was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize.
Here’s the soundtrack listing and bits of information:
1. Heavy Metal Drummer by Wilco. This is a cut from Wilco’s 2001 album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
2. O Sangeeta by Daniel Hart, a violin player and singer. O Sangeeta is a song from Hart’s two-track album of the same name.
3. Baby Blue by Giorgio Moroder, an Italian record producer and songwriter. Moroder has worked with artists like Donna Summer, David Bowie, Blondie and Bonnie Tyler.
4. Accidents by Wolfbird
5. Soak It Up by Houses
6. Lovin’ You Baby by Charles Bradley
7. Babies by Wolfbird
8. Some Place by Nick Waterhouse
9. In My Head by Arum Rae
10. Let Me Take You Out by Class Actress
11. Sunlight by The One AM Radio
12. Good Luck by Hrishikesh Hirway