Madhya Pradesh is one of the biggest as well as one of the least developed states of the country. Also known as ‘The heart of the Country’ because of its location, Madhya Pradesh is the fifth biggest state as per its population and a considerable part of the population belongs to Tribal population which is deprived from mainstream development.
To promote the development of the state and to bring tribal population to the mainstream, Government of Madhya Pradesh offers various Scholarships to promote education among the youth of the state especially for those belonging to the Other Backward Classes, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
By the means of this article we will discuss about the scholarships available for SC, ST and OBC students in Madhya Pradesh and how to make applications for the scholarship.
• Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST Candidates: This scholarship is available to students who want to continue with their studies after class 10 and belong to either Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe. The details of the Eligibility conditions are:
- Educational Qualification: The student must be enrolled in further studies after completing class 10 in Class 11, 12, Diploma, UG, PG or Doctorate.
- Parental Income: The annual parental income of the candidate from all sources needs to be less than 2.5 lakhs.
• Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Candidates: This scholarship is for OBC students who are pursuing their higher studies after class 10 in any stream. The eligibility conditions for this scholarship are as follow:
- Education Qualification: The applicant should be pursuing further studies in any field eligible for the scholarship, after completing their class 10.
- Parental Income: The annual family income of the candidate from all sources should be less than 2.5 lakhs.
• Application for the Scholarship: The applications for the scholarship can be made online on the official scholarship portal of Madhya Pradesh Government. The details of the application process and the information/documents required to complete the application process are:
- Samagr ID: Applicants are required to enter their Samagr Id while filling the online application form. The Samagr ID is available on the ration card of the applicant or other easily approachable sources.
- College and Branch Code: For streamlining the whole scholarship application process, Colleges has been assigned 5 digit codes on the basis of their location etc. while 4 digit codes has been assigned to courses being offered. These codes are available on the Scholarship portal on Madhya Pradesh.
- Marks sheets of previous examinations & class 10: The applicant has to upload scanned copies of mark sheet of class 10 in case of fresh application and of previous class if applying for renewal.
- Caste & Family Income Certificate: In order to verify the claim of the scholarship, scanned copies of Income & Caste certificate have to be uploaded to complete the application process.
That’s all we regarding the eligibility criteria of Post Matric Scholarships offered in Madhya Pradesh. For details related to the Division of Groups of Eligible Courses and other information, visit www.MotaChashma.com