Most people in the contemporary world face acute back pain, hampering normal lifestyle. If it persists for around three months, it can termed as chronic. Back pain can be caused due to several reasons. You must consult a doctor, if it persists. There has to be a deep rooted cause for the pain, though in most cases, it occurs due to bad sitting posture. Proper x rays and scans have to be conducted to determine the exact cause of the pain. There may be several neurological conditions for this. The pain may be sharp or dull, with a constant ache or a sudden burst of sharp, tingling sensation.
There may however be some useful tips for chronic back pain relief. They may be:
- The first and foremost thing in such a situation is to reduce stress. Stress is a very potent killer and can trigger pain. Control stress by cutting down on anxiety, depression and bring back positive energy in your life. Pursue a hobby, listen to soothing music for distressing.
- Practice deep breathing Deep breathing helps in releasing negative energy and fill in your body with positive energy. Meditation can help in chronic back pain relief, as it very effectively can harness the positive energy.
- Regular exercise Exercise can help release a natural hormone endorphin, which is a mood enhancer and curbs pain signals.
- Cut down on the alcohol Alcohol can increase sleep problems, and if you are deprived of sleep, the pain might increase, leading to more discomfort.
- Support Group Enrolling in a support group will help in managing the pain. Others suffering from the same problems can help you to understand the pain and effectively manage it.
- Massage can bring in some relief in case of chronic pains.
- Healthy diet can help in managing the pain effectively.
- Quitting smoking can considerably decrease the discomfort of continuous pain.
Lower back pain may be treated in various ways. Some of the processes of lower back pain treatment are:
- Good physiotherapy session Physiotherapy under a medical expert can be undertaken to reduce pain. Several specially specified free hand exercises with the help of some appropriate props can help in relieving the pain.
- Proper medication An expert doctor needs to be consulted for treating low back pain. Pain killers or antidepressants, which dull the pain are helpful.? Finally, the last resort for lower back pain treatment is surgery. If the pain cannot be managed by anything else, surgery should be performed.