Indian Railway being the biggest employer of the world requires very skilled professionals for its smooth and streamlined operations. For the Purpose of selecting best talent for Indian Railways, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts annual examination known as Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination. By the means of Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination, every year 48 brilliant candidates are selected out of more than 2.5 lakh applicants and are appointed as Group A Officers in Indian Railways.
The candidates selected by the means of Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination, first undergo a four-year rigorous training programme in Mechanical Engineering. The training follows the semester system of Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi and at the same institution workshop training sessions during the holidays are conducted. While training period the candidates receive stipend of Rs. 9100 and dearness allowance along with other facilities such as privilege passes, medical care etc. Once the candidates complete the training successfully they join Indian Railways as Indian Railway Services of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME) Officers.
Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination tests the grip of applicants on English Language, Mathematics, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry and Psychological Test (Mental Ability). The exam is based on the Class 12 standard syllabus of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Being an annual examination, the exam notification is released by UPSC in the month of June–July every year. So let us have a look at the eligibility and other requirements related to SCRA Examination:
• Eligibility: The applicant should full fill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Only the citizens of India or Refugees from Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet living in India prior to January 01, 1962 are eligible to make application.
- Age: The applicant should belong to the age group of 17 to 21 years at the time of making application. There are provision of relaxation in age for SC/ST candidates, Ex-servicemen, OBC candidates and candidates suffering from Locomotors Disability.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant should have cleared class 12/Pre-Engineering Examination/ Pre-Professional/Pre-Technological Examination from a recognized board or University.
• Application Process: The application process of Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination is completely online and the candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 100 in order to participate in the examination. The details of the required documents to be uploaded while filling the application form and modes to deposit examination fee are as follow:
- Documents to be uploaded: The applicant should upload their Photograph and Signature in JPEG format and having maximum size of 40 kb.
- Examination Fee: The examination fee of Rs. 100 is to be paid and the payment can be made by any of the below mentioned methods:
- Using Credit or Debit Card
- Cash deposit at SBI branch
- Net Banking Facility of State Banks
That was the glimpse of information related to Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination, for complete details and updates visit www.motachashma.com