Are you a bit financially strapped today and feeling the pressure? Then you’ll want to start taking some steps to reduce that financial hardship hovering over you and relieve the stress it can cause.
Here are some tips that may help to give you some stress relief:
- Don’t avoid the problem any more! Get Real! If you don’t take a look at what is causing you to stress out you will have the same troubles over and over and over again. It’s time to stop worrying about money.
- Track Spending! It may be hard at first to track what you have been putting out every day, but if you can keep a little spiral notebook with you and give one to the rest of the family to track spending for a week. You’ll be able to sit down and take a look at what you are spending.
- Time to trim those expenses! Get rid of anything that you can’t afford…and you know what that is. If buying that $5 cup of coffee in the morning is adding up over time, maybe it’s time to go. Think of the stress relief when you can pay a bill at the end of the month that you couldn’t before!
- Free Activities are everywhere you just have to do a bit of research and find them. Come on, years ago, we could find our own things to do to keep entertained. Maybe it’s time to use the imagination and save some money too.
- You may not want to think about this, but you may have to find other ways to make some extra money for awhile. A part time job or some temp work could bring in extra dollars to help you get ahead.
- It’s time to start living within your means. If your car costs too much, sell it and get a used car. Maybe your house is costing you too much and it’s time to sell and get something you can afford. Downsizing could save you financially and think of the stress relief!
- Healthy lifestyles are important especially when you are stressing over money. Don’t let it go! Take a walk, eat well and get exercise so you don’t go crazy while you are trying to get it together.
- Find ways to improve relaxation. Take a few moments every single day to get centered. Even stretching your body for 10 to 15 minutes will give you stress relief.
Some say money is the root of all evil, but I don’t think I believe that. Do you? I think if we stay on top of things and spend within our means, then you can make money work for you. These are just a few ideas and I’d love to hear what you do to get rid of stress in your life!
Take a look at how these old folks get stress relief: