Undoubtedly, uncertain computer problems can ruin your pleasing computing experience and force you to contact the IT help desk for speedy repairs. Numerous computer support companies offer remote assistance to get your devices fixed within a few minutes, but it involves great PC privacy and security risks.
Online tech support industry offers various functions and computer services that aim at repairing your faulty PCs within the stipulated time. The benefit of availing online PC support is that you dont need to wait much to get your problematic device fixed. Additionally, the remote computer support companies offer services for all the major computing gadgets, devices, and peripherals to ensure that you enjoy a smooth tech repair experience. Almost all of the IT firms providing remote assistance offer round the clock services to serve you better and fix your computing troubles whenever they arise. The ‘Stop 0x0000007B’ error is a common Windows error that may arise after you update the PERC2 SCSI driver. Users may experience the issue on the Dell PowerEdge 2450 Server, and it may stop your currently running computing operations.
What is ‘Stop 0x0000007B’ Error?
The error usually occurs whenever a user updates the SCSI controller drivers from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. If the problem persists, you may get the following error message on a blue screen when you restart the system:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF201B848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Cause of the Error
The problem may occur when either one of the following conditions is true:
You dont have an updated firmware on the PERC2 RAID array controller before installing the latest SCSI drivers
The Afamgt ‘Fast Utility’ UpperFilter driver gets loaded in the Windows registry.
Tech Support Tips to Resolve the Error
Method 1: Try Replacing the Perc2.sys Driver File
1. Visit Dell FTP Website to get the correct version of the Perc2.sys file
2. Insert the Windows 2000 CD-ROM to boot your PC
3. Press F6 key to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver
4. Press R to repair a Windows 2000 installation
5. Type the Administrator password, when prompted
6. Open the command prompt, type cd system32drivers command and press Enter
7. Rename the Perc2.sys file by typing ren perc2.sys perc2.old command and then hitting Enter
8. Now, copy the correct version of the Perc2.sys file to the WinntSystem32Drivers folder by typing the copy a:perc2.sys command and then pressing Enter
9. Type Exit command to close the Recovery Console and reboot the computer
10. Check if the problem gets resolved
11. If not, proceed to Method 2.
Method 2: Try Removing the Afamgt Filter Driver
1. Do a parallel installation of Windows 2000 and get a new installation of Windows
2. Now, open Registry Editor, and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry key
3. Go to the Registry menu and click Load Hive option
4. Find the SystemRootSystem32Config folder, click the System file option, and then click Open
5. Type test command in the Load Hive box and click OK to continue
6. Delete the AFAMGT data item from the UpperFilters value in the following registry location:
8. Now, click the test key and click Unload Hive option on the Registry menu
9. Click Yes to permit your Windows to unload the test registry key and all its subkeys
10. Close Registry Editor, and restart your device to verify that the problem gets resolved
11. If Windows is not able to boot successfully, then proceed to Method 3.
Method 3: Install the Latest Updates of the RAID Controller Firmware
One of the possible causes of the error is that youre using an outdated RAID controller firmware. Try updating your existing software to the latest revision and check products documentation or visit Dells website to learn how to do it. You can also take remote assistance and ask the tech support guy to install the latest updates for your RAID controller firmware.
Online computer support firms engage in offering speedy tech solutions to ensure that you never sit idle if your PC breakdowns or start behaving sluggishly. Since computer problems are uncertain, they may arise anytime and restrict you from accessing the web, completing your business tasks, or even opening some necessary applications. Avail online computer services and PC repair solutions to work in a hassle-free computing environment.