This Thai chicken soup recipe is made with chicken and Asian ingredients: red curry paste, coconut milk and fresh lemon grass. The red curry along with the coconut and lemongrass will add a delicious flavor to the chicken soup. This recipe is easy to make when you use leftover chicken or turkey and vegetables. Chicken Thai curry soup makes for a hearty meal that will please even the most discerning taste buds.
Gather your ingredients for the chicken Thai curry soup recipe.
- 2 32 oz of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups of precooked turkey or chicken (diced into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 cup left over mashed potatoes (optional)
- ¾ cups of baby carrots
- 2 stalks of fine chopped celery
- 1 stalk of chopped fresh lemon grass
- ½ cup of fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- ½ cup of egg noodles or rice (optional)
- add salt or pepper to taste
Heat the chicken broth, and coconut milk in a soup pot, Cook at a medium setting. Add the mashed potatoes, carrots, celery, lemon grass and broccoli. Cook the vegetables, stirring so that they dont stick to the bottom of the pot. Continue to cook all of the ingredients for about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken or turkey. Reduce heat to low and allow the soup to simmer. Add the lime juice, curry paste, salt and pepper and stir. Continue cooking until the chicken/turkey is hot. Next, add the ½ cup of egg noodles. Continue to cook until noodles are ready. Stir the soup so it does not burn. Remove from the heat allow soup to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Curry powder is a mixture of the spices; coriander, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek, and red pepper. These spices enhance the flavor of food and depending on the usage the food may have a mild, medium or hot taste. Curry should not be thought of as too hot, as if used lightly in your dish you will add a mild taste that has flavor.
- Red curry paste, lemongrass, and coconut milk can be found in the Asian food section of your grocery store or at a specialty food store
- Okay to substitute frozen vegetables
- Okay to substitute flake potatoes
- Store any leftover soup in an air tight container. Refrigerate your soup for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- Serve the chicken Thai curry soup to your family on a cold winter day and it will warm them and chase the chill away.
- This healthy soup that will boost your immune system and will help your body to fight off cold or flu