What Is The Best Bible Miniseries?
Recently, this epic 10 hour series has been playing on millions of TV’s every Sunday night to the tune of about 10 million homes every single week. It’s a simple title, “The Bible” that spans ten weeks and shows the beginning of the bible with the story of Adam & Eve all the way to the Revelation, the prophecy told after the years that Jesus rose from his grave and ascended into heaven.
The purpose of the series of stories was to draw new viewers who may have never heard of some events of the bible. Most people have heard of Noah and the Ark and perhaps Moses, and even Jesus, but the producers wanted to show these stories in a way that would not come across as preachy. They told the stories in hopes that each viewer would form their own opinion. For those who never knew who Sampson & Delilah were can now watch this amazing story on TV or even DVD from Amazon if you want to kick back some evening and watch the whole 10 hour series. I also think you can find it on Amazon instant video if you can’t wait for the DVD.
The Stories In The Series
There are ten complete parts to the bible mini-series. Each part is two hours long. Here are some of the stories depicted in the series:
- Part 1 is about the Creation, Noah & the Ark, Birth of Issac, the testing of Abraham, Sodom & Gomorrah and Moses fleeing Egypt
- Part 2 stories include Moses parting the Red Sea, the Ten Commandments and how Joshua becomes the leader after Moses.
- Part 3 is about the fall of Jericho and the real story of Sampson & Delilah. This is riveting and so real and the ending is very well done
- Part 4 has to do with the times of David. First you find out how Saul becomes a King and then when David defeats Goliath, King Saul becomes jealous and eventually David becomes King. His lust for Bathsheba almost destroys him, but God forgives him but David never builds God’s temple. You will find the story of who does in this part.
- Part 5 are the intriguing stories of Babylon, Daniel and the Lion’s Den and the jews return to Jerusalem
- Part 6 starts with the Angel Gabriel and how he let’s Mary know she will carry the Son of God and then how Herod tries to destroy the male babies and Mary and Joseph’s flee into the wilderness.
- Part 7 is all about Jesus and the miracles he performs.
- Part 8 is how Jesus was betrayed
- Part 9 is the story of when Jesus was crucified and his return from the dead
- Part 10 takes this bible series even further by continuing the stories of the bible up until the revelation ends this great book
Where most stories on TV and in the movies stop when Jesus is crucified, this series not only continues to the end of the bible, it takes you on the journey after Jesus ascended into heaven. The one disciple Paul has a vision on his way to Damascus and it changes his faith completely while you will find out about the other prophets martyrdom. John was exiled to Patmos and that is where he wrote the book of Revelation.
If you love to read instead of watching it on DVD then you can also get the novel entitled, A Story of God and All of Us. This is a novel based on the tv miniseries. Some readers like to have bible studies and engage with other like minded people to delve a bit deeper into these stories and talk to each other about the bible, so the book is a great resource if you like to do that.
Since some people’s lives can be so busy, Kindle editions are also a great way to read these epic stories. Whatever you decide, the best bible miniseries is by far according to the millions of viewers, The Bible by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett.
If you would like to take a look at some behind the scenes video, take a look at this story on youtube.
The role of the guardian angels were created in this series and you can check these angels out on the following video:
I think one of my favorite characters in this series is Peter. He was a bit like you and me, he let his feelings show on his sleeve and he was a bit prone to lose his temper at times. He wanted to beat up a few people but Jesus told him to turn the other cheek. He was a bit of a pessimist and this next video will show you that:
You can find The best Bible Miniseries online at Amazon.com in DVD.