The Czech Republic holds the best places to visit in Prague. Prague is the Check Republics biggest city and capital. It has some of the worlds most beautiful manmade and natural attractions, which is why you should make Prague the top of your list of places to go to. It would be our pleasure to show you the ten best places to visit in Prague.
10. Old Town Square. The first on our list is the old town square. The old town square is the most significant place in Prague. The old town square is filled with some of the oldest and historical structures in Prague. The old town city hall which dates back to the 12th century even stands firm in the old town square.
9. Charles Bridge. Next on our list of the best places to visit in Prague is Charles Bridge. This is perfect for romantic strolls with your loved one. This bridge was opened in 1357 by Charles IV and has been rebuilt many times. Many tourists and locals walk across the bridge to appreciate this architectural beauty.
8. The Wallenstein Gardens and Castle shouldnt be missed. With its big, beautiful garden thats considered to be the best in the city, who would doubt its beauty? This castle and garden was owned by one of Czech Republics most powerful and richest noblemen, Albrecht of Wallenstein. Construction of the castle was finished in the 17th century and its still open for tours until today.
7. Petrin Hill is the best place to go to have a better view of the whole city. The Petrin viewing tower which was inspired by the Eiffel Tower was built in only five months and is located on top of Petrin hill to give locals and tourists an even better view of everything Prague has to offer. It is very accessible because of the railway that connects it to the city. Kids, adults, and couples will surely have fun in the 7th best place to visit in Prague.
6. Troja Chateau is another place you cant miss. This palace was built in the 17th century and currently holds guests for events like weddings. They open their rooms for guests who want to spend the night. It would take a 20 minute drive from the center of Prague to get to Troja Chateau. Nearby, you can visit a deer park, a river, and the famous Prague Zoo.
5.The Strahov Monastery is next on our list of the best places to visit in Prague. The Strahov Monastery is located high above the city and is surrounded by lots of restaurants and snack bars. The Strahov library is located inside the Strahov Monastery.
4. Vysehrad, the next one in the list of the best places to visit in Prague, is a great historical attraction. If Czech history is something youre interested in, go visit Vysehrad. It has gothic churches and a cemetery where famous Czechs are buried.
3. Prague Castle. Ever heard of the Prague Castle? Im sure you have. And no trip to Czech Republic would be complete without a visit to Prague Castle. You will be awed by the biggest castle in Europe. See golden lane and its miniature castles. It is without doubt worth mentioning as one of the best places to visit in Prague.
2. The church of SS Cyril and Methodius is a great historical attraction too. It has a museum that tells the story of the Czech paratroopers that were betrayed and killed in the church. Feel the terror of their death and realize the violence of World War 2.
1. The museum of communism in Prague is on the top of our list of best places to visit in Prague because it shows the oppression that was present is socialist Czechoslovakia.
Visiting Prague will surely be one of the most educational trips youll ever take. Appreciate old art and architecture and feel the contrast of old socialist Czechoslovakia and present Czech Republic. Go to Czech Republic and experience the best places to visit in Prague.