News The California Lottery

The California Lottery

-

In 1984, the California Lottery Act was passed in the senate, and one of the largest state lotteries in the country started its journey. The lottery act states that 84% of the revenues collected by the lottery organization must be used for public purposes, such as for – prizes, public education and so on. The remaining 16% will be used for the lottery corporation’s maintenance.

HOW TO WIN THE CALIFORNIA LOTTERY – CLICK HERE

California Lottery started the sale of tickets in 1985 and began generating income, not just for the winners, but for schools and other public programs. Lotteries are a way of collecting government revenues in a way that is attractive to over burdened tax payers.

The California Lottery organizes many games such as – scratchers, daily 3, daily 4, daily derby, fantasy 5, hot spot, mega million and super lotto plus. Scratchers are scratch ticket type instant games and the prizes need to be claimed within 180 days of winning. Daily three and daily four are pick three and pick four number types of games and two and one draw held per day respectively.

Daily Derby is a mock horse race, where the players have to choose from three horses and a time in between 1:40:00 to 1:49:99. The game takes place once every day. Fantasy 5 offers the player a choice of five numbers from 1 to 39 and the draw happens every day at 6:35 pm. Hot Spot is a quick time keno style game and Mega Million is a number matching game containing five white ball numbers and one mega million number. The super lotto plus is almost like the mega million game. No ticket costs more than $5 US.

California Lottery is a state sponsored lottery, so there is little doubts about its reliability. An amount of up to $275 million US was won in the mega million lotteries organized by the California Lottery in the year 2008 by Robert and Tonya Harris of Portal, Georgia.

With the California Lottery, everyone, including taxpayers, wins.

HOW TO WIN THE CALIFORNIA LOTTERY – CLICK HERE

The California Lottery
General Contributor
Janice is a writer from Chicago, IL. She created the "simple living as told by me" newsletter with more than 12,000 subscribers about Living Better and is a founder of Seekyt.

Latest news

Japanese Owl Meaning and Symbolism

If you're wondering about the Japanese owl meaning and symbolism in Asian cultures, the Owl, along with Maneki Neko...

What Are the Signs of Depression in Women

Gender and depression have long been the scope of research in the field of emotional disorders; most authors believe...

Top 7 Superfoods for Men to Stay Young

Superfoods are generally regarded as targeted foods that provide the maximum nutritional benefit - thus these foods are nutritionally-dense...

Best Brain foods for Kids – Boost Brain Power and Keep Sharp

A child's brain is developing rapidly and if you want them to improve their performance in school and their...

7 of the Best Brain Foods for Studying

The foods that you eat can improve the functioning of your brain. Just like drugs, foods have amino acids,...

B12 Shots for Dogs – 10 Key Benefits

The end of 2010, my little dog -- a 7-pound Papillon -- became very stressed after a flood in...

Must read

How to Write Uncommon Content

You’ve heard that content is king, right? Boo, that’s...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you