Grocery shopping is hard on everyone right now. The price of groceries has increased along with the price of gas to get to the store. Every one of us needs to save money in different ways. There are several ways that you can make your grocery bill smaller. Try these tips to save money every week.
- Use coupons. If you can find a coupon for something you plan to buy, you will be able to save some money. Remember that sometimes you can buy trial sizes or smaller sizes with the coupon. These can be great money savers or even make you some money.
- Don’t buy name brands. The store brand is usually just as good and can save you money. There is nothing wrong with a package not looking as pretty as long as the food tastes good.
- Shop for sales. Look at the different items on sale at different stores. If you have to go to a couple of different stores, you can save a lot of money by getting the sale items at each store. The best way to do this is by using coupons along with sales. This is also the best way to by meat since it can be very expensive.
- Shop discount stores. Places such as Dollar General, Dollar Tree, and Aldi’s can save you a lot of money. They will have discount prices on name brand items. These are great places to get toiletries such as toilet paper, paper towels, and paper plates. You can even save money on things like makeup, soap, and shampoo at these stores.
- Grow a garden. It can save you a lot of money if you grow your own food at home. If you aren’t very good at gardening, tomato and strawberry plants are simple and affordable. You can also consider adding a fruit tree to your yard. This is fun for the family and can also save you money on groceries. You can can fruit or vegetables so that you have enough to last your family the entire year.
- Use store discounts. Some stores offer military discounts or senior citizen discounts on certain days. Find out what days your store offers these and only shop on the day that works for you.