Ah, Christmas! Whether its eagerly awaited or approached with dread, its guaranteed to arrive on time every year. The festive season is loaded with so much anticipation that its almost hard to live up to the hype. Here are our top ten tips to having a fantastic and stress-free Christmas.
1. Dont sweat the small stuff. Whether your tree decorations are perfectly coordinated or you have precisely the right brand of chutney doesnt really matter in the whole scheme of things.
2. Plan some down time. Shopping, socialising, and working flat out to get everything done before you take time off can wreak havoc with your health and wellbeing. Block out some time to relax and recharge or you run the risk of being too tired to enjoy the festivities.
3. Shop online and click and collect. Why waste hours looking for a parking space and fighting your way through crowds at a shopping centre, or hanging around at home waiting for a delivery when you could be doing something else? Shop online and take advantage of the click and collect service many stores and supermarkets now offer.
4. Dont try to keep everyone happy youre not Father Christmas! Do what you think most people will like and the rest will have to lump it.
5. Dont give random tat. The key to giving meaningful presents people appreciate is to think about it and plan well in advance.
6. Advent calendars arent simply for kids. Write 24 fun and Christmassy activities on pieces of paper and choose one to do every day. Even better, why not give yourself a little treat each day from December 1?
7. No one will think less of you if you dont do everything from scratch. Pre-prepared food will give you more time to enjoy with your family and friends, and having a gift basket delivered will save you loads of energy.
Of course, sometimes putting the effort into getting it right is absolutely necessary, like when youre relying on your solicitor to look out for your best interests. If you feel you havent had the service from your solicitor you deserve, or youre unhappy with an outcome and want a second opinion, contact the team at SOS Claims for their specialist support.
8. Forget fiddly gift tags for presents at home. Colour code wrapping paper so you can easily tell whose parcel is whos when they are under the tree.
9. Choose a theme for your presents each year and use it as the basis for your shopping list. Ideas include food, books, music, gift baskets, and clothing. Narrowing your range gives you focus and makes it easier to decide on what to buy.
10. Put your feet up and enjoy your hard work. Youve earned the opportunity to relax and admire your efforts. Pour yourself a glass or mug of your favourite tipple and congratulate yourself on getting through the year and planning a wonderful celebration.
Christmas is about who you are with not what presents you give, and it doesnt have to look like a department store advertisement to be perfect.