News Top 4 Benefits of LED lighting

Top 4 Benefits of LED lighting

-

More and more people are starting to realize the numerous benefits of using LED lighting instead of the old school inefficient light bulbs which are quickly becoming obsolete. LED lights are becoming the lighting type of choice for many households for a number of good reasons. While these lights are usually slightly more expensive than regular bulbs, the price is definitely worth it. Here are some of the main benefits of using LED lighting whether in your home or anywhere else:

Top 4 Benefits of LED lighting
1. Light quality
The quality of the light that we get from the different types of lighting sources is often overlooked by people. However, this is very important especially when you consider that the light which some bulbs emit can actually give you headaches. LED lights emit a pleasant and very natural light and depending on the type of colour you choose, this will be the closest you will get to actual sunlight. Another thing you should consider is that unlike some other light bulbs, LED lights instantly reach full brightness.

2. Energy
One of the main selling points of LED lights is that they are extremely energy efficient. Normal light bulbs use 80% of the energy that they receive to produce heat instead of light. With LED lighting you get the opposite effect. Only about 20% of the energy is lost as heat while the other 80% is used to produce light. This can save you a lot of money when the time comes to pay your electricity bill.

3. Lifespan
Compared to any other type of light bulb, the LED lights have the longest lifespan. Some of the best ones can last up to 20 years. On top of that, these lights are not affected at all by how often you turn them on and off. An interesting thing about LED lights is that they don’t burn out like regular light bulbs. Instead, their light simply becomes weaker over time.

4. Safe
Due to the fact that LED lights use almost all of the energy they receive to produce light, they are always cool to the touch which makes them very safe to handle and use. On top of that, LED lighting doesn’t emit any infrared radiation or UV rays. Another thing that people find appealing in terms of safety is that LED lights contain no lead or mercury.

The advantages of LED lighting are truly numerous and these are just some of them. The prices are constantly dropping to the point where nowadays this lighting option is very affordable. We can expect these lights to become as cheap as regular light bulbs very soon.

Top 4 Benefits of LED lighting
General Contributor
Janice is a writer from Chicago, IL. She created the "simple living as told by me" newsletter with more than 12,000 subscribers about Living Better and is a founder of Seekyt.

Latest news

Japanese Owl Meaning and Symbolism

If you're wondering about the Japanese owl meaning and symbolism in Asian cultures, the Owl, along with Maneki Neko...

What Are the Signs of Depression in Women

Gender and depression have long been the scope of research in the field of emotional disorders; most authors believe...

Top 7 Superfoods for Men to Stay Young

Superfoods are generally regarded as targeted foods that provide the maximum nutritional benefit - thus these foods are nutritionally-dense...

Best Brain foods for Kids – Boost Brain Power and Keep Sharp

A child's brain is developing rapidly and if you want them to improve their performance in school and their...

7 of the Best Brain Foods for Studying

The foods that you eat can improve the functioning of your brain. Just like drugs, foods have amino acids,...

B12 Shots for Dogs – 10 Key Benefits

The end of 2010, my little dog -- a 7-pound Papillon -- became very stressed after a flood in...

Must read

Top 3 Cheap HD Camcorders under $200 Dollars

Top 3 Cheap HD Camcorders under $200 Dollars...

Losing Weight: What You Need To Have

Losing weight can be considered...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you