Top 5 Basic Skateboarding Tricks and How to Do Them
You may be wondering about this years top 5 basic skateboarding tricks and how to do them. Before engaging yourself in these kinds of stunts, you should have conditioned your body. This is because in order to perfect these tricks, youll need optimum balancing skills and body coordination. Thus, it is essential that one have perfected all basic skateboarding drills and exercises. With that being said, here are todays top 5 basic skateboarding stunts or tricks that you can learn and practice.
Top 5 Basic skateboarding tricks and how to do them
- Ollie and Fakie Ollie – Ollie is a basic skateboarding trick considered to be a foundation of almost every trick in skateboarding. Once youve mastered the Ollie; the Fakie Ollie and Nollie will be easier since these tricks have identical moves. To do the Ollie, you will need correct timing and proper foot placement since in this trick you will jig your skateboard in the air. Basically, to do this, you need to knock down you skateboards tail while sliding your front foot up in a jumping manner. Its simple right? Now, to do the Fakie, the same steps are applied. However, instead of forward direction, you will do the Ollie rolling backwards.
- Kickflip – Another basic skateboarding trick based on the Ollie trick is the Kickflip. In doing this, the same procedures as the Ollie are applied. However, while on the air, you have to twist your skateboard. Thus, you have to master the Ollie first before moving on to this skateboard trick.
- Manual – The manual is simple classic skateboard trick you would enjoy learning. To do this, you have to raise your boards front wheels off the ground while rolling. At the same time, your boards end should not touch the ground as well.
- Boneless One To start the boneless one, place your front foot on the ground heel side of your board. Afterwards, reach and hold your boards side edge, lift it up and jump as high as you can. While in the air bring your front foot back and bend your back knee. Your momentum will then guide you forward. For landing, apply the same landing you do in the Ollie trick.
- Kickturns – This is another must know basic skateboard trick like the Ollie and Boneless One. To do this, balance yourself on top of the board in a standing position. You can raise you arms sideward to support you balancing stance. Your back foot should be at the boards end while your front foot should be parallel with the boards front wheels. Concentrate your weight in your back foot and swing around your boards front edge.
Other highly recommended skateboard tricks are Rock and Roll, Board Slides, 50-50 grinds and many more. You can seek an experts help for more stunts and tricks you can perform. Just keep in mind that these basic skateboarding tricks require ample practice to perfect it. You may fall dozens of times but dont give up. Endurance, patience and strength are essential to master the craft of skateboarding. With that being said, the top 5 basic skateboarding tricks and how to do them are presented to you.