Fixing Windows OS errors can be tiresome for you, but applying right PC troubleshooting tips can make it work like never before, in a few minutes only. Availing laptop repairs or PC fixing services from local vendors is not the only solution for troubleshooting PC errors. Read below to know how you can fix 0x0000007B without paying even a single dollar from your wallet.
A Windows PC can be a storehouse for all your valuable details, data, files, folders, and other applications that you cannot think of compromising. A sudden virus attack or an uncertain shutdown may cause irreparable damage to your computer parts and end up turning it irresponsive. These Windows system errors are annoying, and they may occur on your PC screens anytime. Various tech support companies are available 24/7 to fix such troublesome computing errors, but they may charge heavy repair bills for the service.
Read below to know about the best computer support methods that can help you to resolve the error code with ease:
What is the Error All About?
You may receive the ‘Stop 0x0000007B’ error message after you remove the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum program. The error code is likely to appear when you try to restart the computer after removing the Roxio Easy CD Creator application. It is a blue screen error, and it may not allow you to boot your Windows PC normally until you resolve it. Reinstalling the Roxio’s Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum Edition may also display the error code on your device and will showcase the following error description:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF741B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
What are the Possible Causes of the Error?
Users may face the issue when the PrtSeqRd.sys file and UpperFilters dont get removed from the Windows registry. In most of the cases, the application files and residues get deleted automatically, whenever a user deletes a program. If the PrtSeqRd.sys file and UpperFilters exist in the Windows registry even if you have uninstalled the Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, the error code may appear on Windows boot up.
Two Advanced Tech Support Methods to Troubleshoot the Error Code
Method1: Disable the Easy CD Creator Services
1. Power on your PC and boot from the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.
2. Press the S key to add a third-party hard disk controller and insert the floppy disk containing the correct driver.
3. Now, press R key on your keyboard to select Repair.
4. Press C key to select the Recovery Console option.
5. Type the correct number representing the Windows 2000 installation and the Administrator password, when the wizard prompts.
6. Access the %windir%System32Config folder and rename the System file to System.xxx file.
7. Now, rename the System.old file to System.
8. Open the Drive:WinNT prompt, type the following commands and hit Enter after each line:
ren system system.xxx
ren system.old system
9. Now, type the cd C:WinNTSystem32Drivers command in the Command Prompt and press Enter to navigate to the %windir%System32Drivers folder.
10. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt and press Enter after each command:
ren prtseqrd.sys prtseqrd.old
copy diskperf.sys prtseqrd.sys
11. Now, disable the following Roxio services by typing the disable ServiceName and then hit Enter:
c. Cdudf dvd_2K
12. Type exit command and press ENTER to exit Recovery Console.
13. Now, restart the computer to check if the error gets resolved.
Method2. Edit the System Hive from a Windows installation
1. The first thing you require to do is to perform a parallel installation of Windows.
2. Enter in the new installation of Windows, and click the Start button.
3. Click Run and type regedit command in the Run dialog box.
4. Now, scroll down to the entire list of registry entries and click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
5. Click the Load Hive option from the Registry menu that appears.
6. Now, locate the %SystemRoot%System32Config folder of the original Windows installation.
7. Click the System file and select the Open option from the menu that appears.
8. Type test in the Load Hive box and click OK to continue.
9. Browse the web and search for tutorials to edit the test registry subkeys.
10. Now, click Test and select the Unload Hive option on the Registry menu.
11. Click Yes to confirm the unloading of the test registry subkeys.
12. Quit Registry Editor and restart your device to the original Windows installation.
Sometimes fixing the 0x0000007B error code may result in causing some uncertain PC problems that are difficult to deal with, so be extra careful while modifying the registry keys. Always try to find out PC troubleshooting guides that contain complete information about the error code and its error-fixing tips. If you think that youre unable to resolve the error or anything has gone wrong, then simply contact your computer support partner to overcome such situations. Online tech support firms can handle all your laptop repairs, but managing security and privacy becomes a great challenge while connecting to a remote server.