Have you ever suffered from an upset stomach? With so many different causes from stress to viruses and more, you don’t want to have to run to the doctor for every little ache and pain. Here are some upset stomach remedies that might be helpful. This is for general belly aches and not a replacement for a doctor, so if you are hurting really bad, then you really need to see a doctor ASAP.
- One wives tale is that carbonated water is effective for nausea and mild burning pain in the stomach. If you sip on a glass very slowly, taking a little break in between each sip it is supposed to act as an antacid and calm that aching belly. The carbonation seems to be helpful also and make you feel better.
- Foods with no taste or bland foods like rice, potato, bread or even steamed veggies. Don’t use any alcohol or caffeinated drinks, that is the worst for your stomach. I’ve even done this for my german shepherd when he seemed to have a belly ache at times. I would cook off a bit of rice for him and he would eat it and in no time it seemed to help. Even though he couldn’t tell me, he did seem to bounce back quickly!
- Chamomile tea can be great for upset stomach remedies as it is supposed to calm you and sooth the mind so that you can relax and get over your aches easier. Try brewing a cup and see if it doesn’t help.
- Don’t eat large meals, avoid them and just go with small amounts of food through out the day. You can eat a spoonful of rice every hour or even slice an apple and chew on that every so often. If you eat in small increments, your stomach wont get so overwhelmed making you feel worse than before!
- Citrus foods should never be eaten with upset stomachs. The acid in the citrus fruit will really aggravate your belly and make your symptoms feel worse.
This is just a few suggestions to try to help and these upset stomach remedies may sooth your insides enough to give you a bit of relief. But if you have sharp pains, always go to the doctor even if you don’t think you can afford it because a few dollars isn’t worth your life.
Hopefully some of these upset stomach remedies will help you. Just be good to yourself when you are having any illnesses.