Wedding Day Budget Checklist
A wedding is something many little girls dream about, but becoming a bride puts a whole new perspective into the meaning of a successful wedding day especially if you are paying for the entire celebration yourself.
The wedding dress itself can be a small financial crisis if you arent prepared to pay for your dream dress. I do not advise taking out a loan to pay for the needs of your wedding day. This will result in buying happiness for many years to come (interest rates and loan repay installments)
Instead of attempting to do it all at once, plan what you will have to spend in advance. You wedding budget should include:
The Cost of: (wedding ceremony)
- The wedding dress
- The tuxedo rentals
- Panty Hose
- Flowers (for the wedding party, including for the men)
- Decorations for the church
- The gifts for the wedding party participants
- And extras (ribbons, bubbles, birdseed)
- The cost of the church
- The fee the priest will charge to perform the wedding ceremony
- Limo or vehicle the bride and groom will be driven in (from the church to the reception hall)
- Decorations for the car
The Cost of: (wedding reception)
- Plates and silverware
- The building where the wedding reception will be held (rental fee)
- Wedding reception decorating crew
- Wedding table center pieces
- Favors for each guest
- Music (band or DJ)
- Fancy glasses for the wedding party
- Nonalcoholic beverages
- Table and chair rentals
- The cake
- Clean up crew
- Snacks for the wedding guests to enjoy while they wait on the bride and groom to do traditional wedding events
- Anything else you will use to decorate the reception hall
- The honeymoon and the costs associated with the honeymoon
It can get quite expensive to successfully have a wedding celebration. If your budget is small you may want to consider alternative money saving tips such as:
- Make your own wedding favors
- Hire a new or part time photographer (the bigger more established names will cost more)
- Dont decorate the church
- Use plastic wedding flowers instead of fresh
- Consider a buffet for your meal consider fancy plastic wear instead of fine china
- Recruit friends and family to help out on your wedding day. They can help the bride and groom decorate; they can also help save money on hiring a cleanup crew.
- Buy decorations in bulk
- Plan and shop all year round you may be lucky enough to find a wedding store that is going out of business.
- Buy wedding accessories in the off season you can save more than you think by doing this.
- Dont drink before the wedding. The before drinking for the bride and groom is more expensive than one may realize because the whole wedding party may be drinking with the happy couple.
- Book and purchase honeymoon tickets and reservations in advance. Try to not get married during the peak of the season for plane tickets and hotels cost more during that time.
- Save, Save, Save (consider not spending your tax return, but instead saving it all to spend on your big day.)
- Shop online do not turn your attention to only wedding specialty stores. Consider the alternatives: Ebay-Amazon-Oriental Trading or any other site that you feel safe shopping on.