Looking for a Whirlpool whole house water filter? They can be a great investment in your home. In this article Ill discuss some of the pros and cons and tell you where you can purchase one if youre interested.
Whole house water filters are a great way to improve the water quality in your home. Many areas of the country have very poor water quality and a system like this can make your water taste great, your clothes get cleaner in the wash and you feel cleaner after a shower. You can get bottled water taste right out of your tap with one of these systems.
A few Pros about the Whirlpool whole house system:
- Price For under $300 you can get clean, filtered water everywhere in your house. No need for the Brita pitchers or the filters you screw onto the tap.
- Ease of installation If you have basic homeowner level plumbing skills you should be able to install this yourself. If not, it will not be a difficult install for a plumber and therefore the cost should be pretty reasonable as well.
- Saves money In many areas this system can replace your water softener and allow you to no longer buy salt which can be $50 or more per month. It also saves on the other smaller type water filters and youll never need to buy bottled water again. They also do not need filters to be replaced as they are self-cleaning.
- Durability The system is very high quality and does come with a limited warranty. If youre worried about durability most of the retailers Ive found that sell the system do offer extended protection plans on them as well.
Now for a few Cons:
- Cost Although I think its relatively inexpensive for what you get, realistically $300 may be too much for something that could be considered a luxury. That is your decision, but the one time investment will definitely pay for itself over time due to the cost savings I mentioned above.
- Installation If youre not handy around the house, having this unit installed by a plumber will add some significant cost to the overall expense. If youll have to have it installed for you be sure to factor this cost in.
Overall, I think this is a great solution if you have poor water in your home. The convenience, cost savings and water improvement are more than worth it. Hopefully Ive helped in your consideration of Whirlpool whole house water filters!