There are certain womens fragrances men love across the board. While some men will certainly have preferences for fresh, citrusy, florals, spicy, or sweet, and some scents come with memories (good or bad) for some men, there are a few scents that will turn heads wherever you go.
- Yves Saint-Laurent Opium: This scent has been driving men wild since it clubbed them over the head in 1977. Its been through a change or two, but its still a strong, spicy scent with coriander, tangerine, carnation, plum, cloves, sandalwood, and more (quite a concoction!) that isnt for the shy. If you want to stand out in a sea of florals and vanillas and let men know that you know exactly what you want and arent afraid to ask for it, wear this one.
- Aquolina Pink Sugar: Heres a sweet scent that may appeal to younger men. Its not quite as ubiquitous as it once was, so you wont have to worry about smelling like everyone else anymore. Its completely girly and flirty, and the cotton candy note stands out more than the rest. However, the undertone of musk and the hints of berries and powder suggest youre more than you appear to be, and youre not just an innocent schoolgirl.
- Amarige perfume by Givenchy: When men dream of the girl they want to take home to mom, this is the scent (or type of scent) she wears. Its romantic and floral, but theres something magical about the way the citrus fruits, the florals, the woods, the melon, and the vanilla combine, and the aura of her scent makes her seem to glow gold in the soft sunlight at the end of the day.
- Dior JAdore: Dior JAdore was a huge hit among the men in a Glamour survey and it absolutely sparkles, so its easy to see why they liked it. Its a perfect mix of sophistication and approachability and combines several scent categories at once. Maybe thats why its a crowd-pleaser.
- Dior Hypnotic Poison perfume: Aside from lavender, bacon, and pumpkin pie, vanilla is one note that will catch the interest of most men. The vanilla in Dior Hypnotic Poison isnt teeny-bopper like several of the celebrity fragrances and Bonne Bell scents (though their vanilla is surprisingly good!). Instead, its sexy, mysterious, and will make men want to follow your trail all night long but not in the creepy, stalker way. I hope.
While you should always choose a scent that makes you feel good over one you dont particularly like thats guaranteed to draw men in by the numbers. That said, it never hurts to have a little arsenal of scents you love but wouldnt wear every day, just for special occasions when youre looking for a bit of extra attention. If you can find a scent that works well with your body chemistry that you love and it happens to be one thats well-known for making mens jaws hit the ground as a woman struts by, well, youve found your secret weapon.